Thursday, November 5, 2009

Adoption

Fourteen years ago, I came to live with my family, not by birth but adoption. For the last few years, I've tried to forget that fact of my life, because I do not like where I came from or how I came into the world. A few months ago a couple at my church are adopting a boy from China, and I thought that was really cool because adoption is an amazing thing, and I am so glad that I have a family that loves me and a place I could call my own. My story, I almost died because I was born Two months early and weighed only four pounds. Days before that my birth mother was put on bed rest because the sack was tearing and my life was at stake of getting caught in it and suffocating in side of her. After being in the hospital for days, she left to go be with some friends and the sack tour completely away causing her to go into labor, and putting us both in danger of dying. When she got to the hospital, the doctor did a an emergency C-section because my life was fading and my birth mother would die soon later if something wasn't done, I was born 4 pounds and had to remain in the hospital for a month. At that time my birth mother had a boyfriend, who was not my birth father, but toke care of me as if I was his own. A year and eight months later after they broke up my birth mother called up a lady named Polly Kelly to ask if she knew if anyone was willing to adopt a little girl who was almost two. Polly told her bible study, and in that bible study Dawn Shultz knew a couple who would love to have daughter but weren't able to, and that couple were my parents Dawn and Janet Hehe.( A few months before my dad had said if God wanted us to have another child he would have to drop it on our door step) and God basically did less then two months after my parents heard of me, my birth mother flew out with me to take me to my knew home. My birth mother and I stayed with Polly Kelly were we stayed for a few days while I got comfortable being around the Hehes, after a few days I was moved into my home which on January 21 will be fifteen years, it wasn't until may that it was official and my name was changed to Mistyanne Marie Hehe.

God has really been good to me. He saved my life when I was born he toke me out of an unstable, non-christian home into a home where I have two parents that love God and where I have two brothers. If I was still with my birth mom, I know that I wouldn't be a child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment