Friday, January 1, 2010

New year resolutions

There are only a few things I want to really take a year to work, don't take me wrong there are a ton of stuff in my life that I need to work on but for me I can only handle a few things at a time, before starting to feel over whelmed.

1. Letting go of worldly possessions and cling to the unseen things.

2. Taking time when I'm most busy and stop and praise God. When I'm at work or doing school work I'm thinking in the moment of what needs to be done and I'm rushing around not thinking of the things that God has blessed me with. A job that I get to work with the animal I admire the most, or that I live in America where I can do school, or parents that love God more then each other or my brothers and I.

3. Be thankful for what I have, and not taking what I do have granted. I know that I take my things, my home, and my family for granted, and those are things that I didn't have when I first came to my family. God blessed me for those things, he didn't have to choose me, He could of picked a different kid that needed parents that would love them, a home that they knew was their home. I came from a home, that my mom didn't love me, and I never knew a home because we moved to different homes or I was left with a friend. Because of that I should be THANKFUL for what I have and my family.

4. Prayer, I don't pray as much as I should and when I do, I just pray because I need to. That has been something I've been working on since the death of my close friend. God was there for me the whole time, when I prayed I knew God was listening, I had never felt that way. I always felt stupid for taking simple little problems to him, and then thought hey I did when the problem went away. I didn't do anything to make those things go away God did.

5. Be open with those who care what happens. I like being a closed in person a loner. I was hurt in the past so I'm not always the first to tell you exactly what I'm feeling or what I'm thinking. I need to be more open in small group or at least with my small group leaders.

So those five things are what I want to spend the next year working on, and this time stick to it, and not give up like the past. So those who read this could hold me accountable, that would be great. Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Good goals girl! I am proud of you for thinking ahead and desiring to honor the Lord with every area of your life. I love you! Hugs from Mom

    ReplyDelete